Thursday, September 8, 2011

Two Days in a Row!

I'm on a roll and getting back into the swing of things.  Again please bear with me as I will not have a computer next week...I may find one to tap out some posts but am not certain that will happen.  My poor sweet girl is not yet crawling but does what I call the "slither", where she uses one or both forearms and one foot or big toe to push herself across the floor.  I'd call it an army crawl but she really doesn't use both feet most of the time.  As a result, she got a blister on her big toe - a giant, raging blister.  I covered her feet with socks for a couple of days, and then when it started to heal I stopped using the socks, and low and behold, another blister just below the first.  It was like she knew it hurt in that one spot so she changed the way she pushed off.  Who said babies aren't smart?

She now points at things...primarily light fixtures and trees/flowers, and says something that sounds like "dussaa". Her daddy and I have decided that it sounds just enough like "What's that?" that it might officially be her first word.  Yes my baby is a genius.  A Genius I tell you!  (yeah yeah I know your kid is smart too)

My son will be 17 next week.  Where does the time go?  I remember him being so little, and sweet with a giant dimple in his cheek.  Now he shaves!  And drives!  And wears shoes big enough for both of my feet...really.

Sigh.  Oh well, I guess they all have to grow up sometime.  I just wish you could rewind once in awhile.

No comments: