Monday, January 28, 2013

Healthy again...maybe?

Well - this winter is proving to be only a bit better than last.  Last year my girl had just started daycare, thus bringing home every bug and virus known to man (and I am sure a few not yet discovered).

This year, she and I have been alternating sick days.  I was sick for about 5 weeks in Nov/Dec, with Little Miss picking up where I left off immediately after Christmas (thankfully we were all healthy for that!)  Then she got the flu - a nasty one.  She's only just stopped coughing about a week ago.  then I got sick while travelling (possibly the hotel air or something) and had a deep chest cough...painful.  Then Saturday I was nauseous most of the afternoon/evening...I thought maybe it was something I ate, until Little Miss vomitted all over me on Sunday.  Yup.  I felt better through the day while she felt worse, then she seemed to perk up a bit and my nausea returned.  You'd think we were choreographing it!

Anyways, Saturday morning we all felt well, and she started her first ever Gymnastics class!  I was so excited - she had no clue what this gymnastics thing was.  We arrived early as requested, and found no staff at all in the main lobby/waiting area.  We weren't sure if we needed to check in, primarily because we signed her up halfway through a session, so while it was our first time, the others have all been going for 6 weeks.

The nice thing was that Little Miss got to watch through the glass as the kids did their gymnastics.  She started off very shy, but by the time it was our turn, she had asked four times if she could go in yet...so that's a positive!

We had a little circle time, with songs and mini hula hoop "steering wheels".  She didn't want to hold the hoop unless I did as well, so we worked together.  She spent some time glaring intently at the instructor, Dino, who was male.  Poor guy kept getting death stares!

Through the next hour Little Miss did a hand stand, walked a balance beam and did an airplane on it, climbed a ladder, swung on a rope, jumped on a trampoline, and walked backwards and sideways on the beam.  She needed a lot of direction and hand over hand help, but she seemed to enjoy herself and got a great workout! (as did mommy!!)

At the very end, Dino gave everyone a monkey stamp on their feet, which she was quite proud of.  She can't wait to go back next week!  A huge success I'd say, especially since Daddy is excited to go with her sometimes to give mommy a break - yay daddy!







No comments: