Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My Little Mimic

I have a wee clone.  My clone does everything I do.  She says everything I say.  She acts like a tiny adult.  Sometimes it's so funny.  Othertimes it floors me that she can remember certain things, hear me when I deliberately talk quiet so she won't hear, and plays in ways that can only be picked up from us. 

I like to do the sudoku every day from the newspaper.  Yesterday, she sat at the counter, asked for a pen and began to 'do my puzzle' in the newspaper.  She used the pen to circle and strike-through letters in the word jumble.  She was quite proud of herself.   Today she did her puzzle again while waiting for breakfast.

On the weekend my dear hubby picked up some toys from the floor.  Little Miss broke out in applause and proclaimed "Good job Daddy!"  Of course we can't help but laugh at the silliness of this!  It made us wonder how often we clap and praise her.  Too cute!

My sweet girl has deep emotions, and worries about things.  This worries me sometimes - I don't want her to carry a heavy burden at a young age.  On the other hand, the fact that she has empathy for cartoon characters or her babies is wonderful.  We watch TVO Kids in the mornings while eating breakfast.  This morning she was so sad for the Catty (kitty cat) that spilled her tea.  She looked like she actually might cry.  Of course I reassure her that Catty's friends helped clean up the tea, and that they are now having so much fun at their tea party.  Guaranteed though, she will mention Catty spilling her tea again later on.  A wee elephant she is with her memory.

I am trying to upload pics but for some reason I can no longer browse my computer for them.  Not sure if it's a glitch or a permanent change.  If it's permanent, I will be finding a new place to blog...

No comments: