Sunday, March 10, 2013

Random and Updates

First, the update - I am more than happy to report that our Little Miss has pooped twice today, and neither time was traumatic.  I won't go into too much graphic detail, but the fact that she was able to go with only a bit of fear evident, and that we could change her without her screaming like we were killing her, was so comforting.  Six more months of that and she will be able to forget the trauma (according to Dr. Google).  We do still intend to get her reevaluated by her doctor, but knowing we can help manage it by being diligent is wonderful and makes us feel like good parents.

Random...Today I bought some jewellery organizers.  I don't have much in the way of baubles and bling, and most of what I do own is costume jewellery, but I have struggled with what the heck to do with it.  I am not a fan of wooden boxes, as they make me feel like I am 12 again (although I saw a gorgeous floor standing jewellery chest at the Bombay Company that I would love to own if I could spend $600 on it!)

So here are my hanging things - the stands are plain but I love them.











And here is my small drawer with a lot of junk jewels... (and rest assured - the giant strand of pearls is one I made for a roaring 20's party!)















Awhile ago, my mom built me a cool shelf/hanging thing that held some necklaces and earrings, but it got too full, and things kept falling off the top.  I plan to still use it by painting it and installing it next to my new ones for longer chains (since my new stands aren't great for the longer ones).



Yesterday we went to the local Science and Tech museum with Little Miss.  The pics are blurry as my iPhone can only do so much but gosh she had fun!

Here she is changing the world...and then pulling daddy out of the tunnel slide.




And here she is pressing the buttons to ensure that the prime minister takes her call...



Learning how to use the system that old fashioned phone operators used...she failed badly.  lol



All in all - she had a blast, as did we!


That is all!  Happy week everyone!

No comments: