Tuesday, February 26, 2013

How Do You Know?

How do you know when it is time to reevaluate and change your career goals?  What does that involve?  Could it not be so simple as a lightning strike or a fortune cookie message to make it clear and obvious?  Does it have to involve 2am soul searching (almost every flipping night???) until you finally break.

I have no answers.  I just know that I wanted something, and now it threatens to overtake me, to run me into the ground with no energy or life left in me.  The difficult part is that I know it is temporary.  But temporary could mean for the next 3 months or more.  Is it worth it?  What I do know is that my health is important.  My family is important.  I cannot give everything I have to a job that right now gives nothing back.  Something's gotta give, and I do not wish it to be me.



Drama Drama Drama  I know!  But it's 4:30am, I've been up and thinking about work since 2am.  I have a 17 hr day in two cities ahead of me, and I just think it is time to reevaluate my life.  If I could win the lottery that would be helpful...(just throwing that out there to the gods of wealth!)

On the plus side - Little Miss is on the mend.  The antibiotics she got helped and she now only has a cough now and then.  And every two minutes tells us "I have a boger" (not a booger, but a boger).  hehehe

Of course DH and I got it.  He's got no voice, but a sporadic squeak - a masculine one of course. ;)  I have bronchitis.  Yup.  I am sure the added stress of late has significantly contributed to my getting sick twice in five weeks.

No comments: