I consider myself a fairly new blogger so there is a lot to learn and I wasn't really sure it was something I was cut out for. You see, my sister is the creative writer. She is the one that won a school award for her speech about...me, her sister. Yes, I was the butt of her jokes in front of the entire school, but I digress...we'll save that for another post.
Blogging was something that I used to think was for narcissistic crazy people but here I am, so that means one of two things and between you and me I'm hoping I was wrong! As I've travelled my bloggy journey, I have realized that I very much enjoy it and I just might have something to say. I have started to find some other blogger moms and women who write about what interests them whether it's child bearing, child rearing, how to get the pimento out of the olive in one piece, or how much crazy glue it takes to stick a car door shut...whatever their interest area or talent is! One of these fellow mom bloggers over at The Real Housewife of Oxford County gave me an award! Woo hoo! I'm legit!
I am so excited...thank you! So with this award, I am to tell you seven things about myself that you may not already know and then present this award to seven other bloggers who I feel deserve it and keep me entertained!
So, here are seven things about Moi!
1. I was given my name out of the classified section of the newspaper. Yep, my parents had three possible names for my sister, but when my mom was being discharged from the hospital with me, I still had no name and the nurses *made* her name me. She grabbed the newspaper and found a name in the Births section and that's my namesake. Kinda makes you all warm and mushy inside eh?
2. I love to sing and would love to take singing lessons someday!
3. In high school I wore jeans so tight I had to lay on the floor with a coat hanger to pull up the zipper...sometimes the coat hanger just broke.
4. When my kiddo was born we had five generations on both my mom's and my dad's side of the family - we got pics of each side.
5. I can drive a tractor and can reverse with a trailer on the back without jackknifing.
6. I truly believe that someday I will win the lottery.
7. The first time I drank alcohol it was one warm beer shared by three of us using straws, because that was supposed to get you drunk faster. It didn't work and it did not taste good.
Bet you needed to know all of that stuff...
Now to send out the love to seven more bloggers! I choose these ladies because they are funny, genuine, entertaining and willing to share parts of their lives with their readers!
My Kids Eat Off The Floor
The Meanest Mom
The Faircloth's & A Page's Crazy Life
Little Looman Log
This Is What 30 Looks Like
Adventures In Mommyland
I've Got Everything Out Of Control