Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Boil & Toil

Do you ever get irritated with something and have no idea why you are irritated - you just are.  And by god someone better stop doing whatever it is that is irritating you or you just might reach your boiling point and fly off the handle, blow you top, lose your cool, explode!!

I brought my kiddo to the dentist today to get a cavity filled...found out he has another that needs doing...sigh!  This means he is home early from school, has plopped himself in front of the computer and is watching youtube videos incessantly.  We kept the computer in the living room so that we can sort of keep an eye on the usage, but it sometimes bites us firmly in the ass...like right now.  I am feeling completely irritated right now and I have no idea why - maybe because he is usually just getting home from school so the last hour of these god awful videos have imposed on 'my' time.

In any case, I had to call down and ask him to turn down the volume once, which he did but I can still hear them and sort of want to go throw the speakers across the room.  Violent I know, but for some reason it's like fingernails on a chalkboard!  It's like running the tips of your fingers accidentally down the cheese grater.  It's like hearing your little 8 year old neighbour learn to play the recorder every single afternoon.

Top this with the fact that I am trying to get Little Miss to nap, and I just feel like if I don't go and expel some energy in a constructive way, I just may need new computer speakers.

No comments: