Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bring Your Friends Over...Really

My son thinks I am insane.  I guess it's not too much of a stretch for any teenager to think their parents are insane, I mean mine were but I hoped I'd be different.  Nope.

I guess I give him good reason to think so.  Sometimes when he comes home from school, I'm bee bopping around the living room singing at the top of my lungs to Billy Joel or Elton John or some other fabulous 80's icon. 

Sometimes I am jumping up and down doing my workout and clearly proving that mirrors or an audience are not good ideas while doing aerobics.  Until I am a size 4 (hahahaha) I ought not watch the way the protruding parts of my body fly about as if they are of their own mind as I do jumping jacks or knee kicks.

Occasionally I am wearing a scarf wrapped around my head and holey pants while I clean or organize my way through the basement.

The other day I was on the treadmill which my kiddo has to walk past to get to his basement 'man-cave" complete with couch, chair, giant TV and gaming system.  The fact that I was running on the treadmill wearing skin tight running pants and a tank top would be embarrassing enough for my cool kid.  What was worse was, after I started I realized I'd forgotten to tie my hair up with an elastic.  I had a good burn going, and didn't want to stop to run upstairs to find and elastic, so I started looking around to see what I could use.  Although my craft supplies are right there, there were no elastics.  I did however find a solution that got my hair off my neck and perhaps achieved a new level of style for me.


When I mentioned a new level of style I didn't say it was a higher level.  Yep, my cool teenage boy had a friend over and walked past me sweating on the treadmill with four pens jammed through my head (one fell out for the pic).  I have to say though, that as stupid as it looked, it totally did the trick and I got to finish my workout in peace! 



No wonder he thinks I'm weird though!!!

1 comment:

therealhousewifeofoxfordcounty said...

I can not wait till the Toad gets embarassed cuss Rob and I plan on doing it on purpose.. ha ha :) LOVE this post!