Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

I had the best Mother's Day ever this year!  I was able to spend my very first Mother's Day with my new little princess, and my 16th Mother's Day with my kiddo!  I got to sleep in a bit while my dear hubby got up with Little Miss.  He poured me a coffee when I came downstairs and I snuggled a bit with Little Miss.  Kiddo was already up - yep...16 yrs old and he got up nice and early on Mother's Day!  They each gave me a card starting with my kiddo.  He'd made a card - this is the first time in many, many years that he'd made a card and while it was silly, it was awesome.  When I saw that he'd actually put some work into it and done a nice job I was touched.







He seemed surprised that I liked it so much, but it means a lot to me since he's not really a crafty kidlet to begin with!

They gave me some wonderful gifts - far too much in my opinion, but I really love and appreciate them!  First off, I got Season 2 of The Big Bang Theory.  Yay!  I have watched all of season one on my treadmill, and found many episodes or parts of episodes that I'd missed.  It's a pretty funny sitcom so I will enjoy Season 2!  Then I got some beautiful silver earrings from an awesome silver store here.  I put them on right away and wore them all day!  Finally, they gave me two tickets for myself and my kiddo to see The Lion King when it comes to town.  This was something I was probably going to purchase myself since I've never taken my kidlet to see a musical or even a live show and I really wanted him to see one before he's flown the coop.  Nonetheless, it was a nice surprise and like I said, far too much but I love it all!

Off to my sister's we went to have a Mother's Day brunch.  This is the first time my sister has hosted a meal for us in her new house.  Despite some challenges like their new table and chair set not having arrived yet (we sat on folding chairs at a card table), the cat suddenly vomiting on the floor nearby and the cornigware dish exploding, it was lots of fun and the food was great!  At least we had mimosas...mmmmmm



Upon returning home I was able to relax on the couch to finish my latest book and then I went out to do a bit of gardening.  Back inside for a lasagna dinner with caesar salad, a bit of play time with Little Miss and then a nice relaxing evening.  All in all it was my favourite Mother's Day so far! 

Thank you to my family, and of course Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful mothers out there!

1 comment:

Alyssa Auch said...

It sounds like you had a fabulous mother's day! Thank you for sharing!