Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter!

Happy Easter!!

I love Easter.  I love getting together with family, having good food and chocolate, and love that it means Spring is finally here!  At our house, the Easter Bunny hides eggs for the kiddies to find, and everyone has a hidden Easter basket.  Usually I colour eggs (by myself the last few years since my kiddo decided it wasn't cool), but this year I did not.  I figure I will be doing it for years to come, so this year we hid plastic eggs with treats inside of them.

It was fun since this was our first Easter in our new house, so there were lots of new hiding places!  Since my kiddo is older, and Little Miss is not yet old enough to search on her own, the Easter Bunny was a bit evil and made the eggs more difficult to find than he used to!

Here are a few pics!  This is Little Miss yesterday right before going to Grandma's house for Easter dinner.  She got spoiled and ate like a fiend - laughter resounded as she opened her mouth over and over like a hungry baby bird trying to scoop up more mashed potatoes, peas and carrots!  Our Little Piglet also enjoyed some lemon meringue pie for dessert!




This is my kiddo, bleary eyed as I handed him a bunny basket and bunny ears to start his egg hunt.  He says he's getting too old, but he still can't find them all without clues!






Here's one egg behind the spice rack.  He found this one without too much difficulty.





Here's another in a kleenex box!






Hee Hee 
Here's my kiddo's basket, tucked on the bottom shelf
of our book shelf, behind all of the large books.






Here he has found all of the eggs and was posing with Little Miss, who thought her brother and his wacky bunny ears were way more interesting than looking at the camera!



Me and my two kiddies.




Little Miss found her basket...well okay I suppose she had a little bit of help!





My Kiddo finally finds his basket.  We had to narrow it down by room and finally he needed a very intense round of "Hot/Cold" before he found it.  He would have looked all day if we'd not helped!



Yay!  The Loot!


Off to celebrate Easter with more family later today!  Wishing you all a Happy Easter!

No comments: