Thursday, April 28, 2011

Oh What A Week!

First of all I feel guilty for not updating my blog as much as I'd like.  I know I have no reason to feel guilt, but my mother instilled it in me so it's there! ;)  Since Easter, I have been somewhat down and out fighting what seems to have been a sinus type cold.  Certainly not the worst I've ever had thank goodness, but enough to make me feel like a bag of dirt and crawl into bed every time Little Miss hit her crib.

She was a bit sick too, and also seems to have hit that phase of insecurity where I cannot set her down or leave the room without her screaming like I am pulling out her fingernails.  I am certain the neighbours have been listening intently, ready to call Children's Aid on me but so far no knocks on the door.  My poor darling seems to be teething, hitting a growth spurt, sick and very insecure these days so I really have no idea what's wrong with her when she fusses.  She's been gnawing on my arm daily so I know that one of these days, a tooth will have popped through and she'll draw blood.

As for her growth spurt...hold lord!  She ate for almost 40 minutes non stop yesterday, and finally I had to stop feeding her.  Prior to last weekend, she would eat solids three times per day and each time have one or two ounces of food.  For dinner last night, she ate 2 ounces of chicken and sweet potato, almost 2 ounces of applesauce, a full container of yogurt and about 30 Gerber puffs.  Finally I just had to stop feeding her for fear that her belly would explode, and she fussed a bit more, so I gave her some water.  For the most part yesterday she was very fussy unless I was either feeding her or playing 1-1 with her.  It meant I couldn't get a whole lot done around the house, but oh well!

While she slept I worked on trying to get my scanner to work...to no avail.  I need to find the disk with the driver on it, which I saw not long ago and put in a safe place.  If only I knew where that safe place was I'd be all set!  I went on the HP website today to try to find the driver and it told me to uninstall and then reinstall the driver.  Well, I uninstalled and now I cannot find my printer on their site.  I found it this morning when it detected my printer, but since I uninstalled it they can no longer detect mine.  grrrrr  This is just their way of getting me to buy a brand new one isn't it?  So off I go to try to locate the damn CD to get my scanner working again! 

No comments: