Friday, March 25, 2011

4 AM Haiku

Want to be sleeping
Instead of writing haiku
A bad one at that

That was for my sista, who apparently loves Haikus.  It never occurred to me before that someone could love Haikus.  I guess it should have since my dear hubby loves Limericks ..."There once was a girl from Nantucket..."

Anyways - I woke at 2 am when the baby cried.  She fell back asleep.  I did not.  Then I started craving juice.  I never drink juice, except the odd glass of orange juice if we go out for breakfast.  When my kiddo was younger I used to wake in the night and *need* a glass of juice.  It was weird but I would get out of bed for juice.

Tonight I got up, poured whatever reddish/purplish Fruitopia concoction was in my fridge, took one sip and decided that it was far too sweet and syrupy for my liking.  I debated putting water in it, then realized that I was probably better off with plain old water if I wanted to avoid being all hopped up on sugar and wanted any chance of getting back to sleep.  That was 2 hours ago so you can see how well that plan worked.

I guess I ought to go try to sleep since I certainly won't fall asleep on my computer.  Nighty night.

No comments: