Friday, March 18, 2011

Shredded!

Whew.  I am determined to get in shape.  I was on the right path right before I got pregnant with Little J but it all took a backseat to a healthy pregnancy.  Now I am back on track and it feels good!

Today, it's a beautiful day but pretty windy, and I wasn't sure about another long walk, since our wind barrier for the stroller kind of sucks.  I decided to be brave and pull out the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD I bought a couple of years ago.



I say 'be brave' because I remember precisely what happened the last time the disc saw the inside of our DVD player.  I made it through approximately 10 minutes the first day before I conceded defeat.  The second day was a bit better...I think I did 15 minutes.  The third day I did the whole thing but was so sore that the DVD never saw it's fourth day.  That was it.

As I popped it in the DVD player, I was nervous...I knew it'd kick my ass.  And it did.  Halfway through I was silently begging Little J to get fussy and need me to stop.  I'm a good mom and my baby comes before Jillian Michaels.  But she didn't.  She was a complete trooper and forced me to complete the entire workout on my own, while she rolled around on her play mat discovering her toes over and over again.

On the plus side, I finished the whole workout!  Yay me!

I wonder if I can actually do 30 days of this?  I hadn't really thought of it until now, but if I did, that would be a cool accomplishment.  That's it...I'm gonna do it!  Thirty days of the 30 Day Shred unless of course my dear hubby plans an amazing surprise get away to the Caribbean (hint hint)...then I get a reprieve, but otherwise, I'm committed!  And terrified.

No comments: