Friday, March 25, 2011

Day 7 - 30 Day Shred

I woke up yesterday thinking "I hate you Jillian Michaels."  I was absolutely dreading my shred workout.  I love being active, but doing the same workout, tough as it is, every single day gets old, and dull and irritating.

Rather than take the day off, I decided to challenge myself by doing level 2.  I knew it'd be tough but at the very least it was a change.  Let's just say that today, I went back to Level 1.  :)  Level 2 was really challenging - I sweated like crazy, had a good workout, and it was fun to have a change of pace, but today I needed my regular pace back.

I still find Level 1 challenging enough and am fine to stick with it for the recommended 10 days before moving back up to Level 2.  I completed my workout today and feel good.  I am getting better at the pushups - today I did them all without any bad ones.  Mind you I still do the 'girl' pushups, but I did them all!  I am also practicing regular pushups at night.  So far I can do 1 without collapsing in a fit of breathlessness and giggles at the absurdity of it all.

Big weekend coming up - Little Miss is being baptized so off I go to clean the homestead for all of the ensuing company!

No comments: