Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Shrove Tuesday

Or as we call it PANCAKE TUESDAY!!!! 




I was a bad mom today - I slept until my dear 16 year old was walking out the door to go to school so he didn't get pancakes.  In all fairness if I had remembered it was pancake Tuesday, I would have gotten up to make them.  But I didn't.

So that means dinner tonight is pancakes with some fruit on top...mmmmm so tasty!  I love using frozen strawberries thawed in the microwave so they're warm...the juice makes a bit of a syrup and the berries are so yummy on the pancakes. 

I tried to make blueberry pancakes once and the pancakes all turned an unappetizing bluish/grey colour...and if you didn't eat them fast they started to leak blue juice.  It was weird.  I used to make chocolate chip pancakes for my kiddo but stopped when he would bounce off the walls for an hour or two afterwards.

Tomorrow Lent starts and I have to decide what to give up.  Strangely, I am not actually christian, having never been baptised.  That said I went to a Catholic elementary and high school, and my son is baptised so every year I try to give something up.  This year it will be...hmmm...I want to say chocolate but am not sure that I could do it.  I have until tomorrow to decide so I guess I'll have to give it some thought!

No comments: