Monday, March 7, 2011

OMG

Whew...just got off my treadmill (after forcing myself off my a$$).  I had planned to run 30 minutes, and was doing alright, however suddenly the dogs started barking.  I turned off my music to listen to really listen to the baby monitor (it also has lights that light up when Little Miss cries, but I thought maybe I'd missed them).  I could hear both dogs barking and that was it.  Okay, I was a bit spooked but thought I'd just finish the last couple of minutes with my music off.  Then I heard a man's voice say "Hello".  I immediately turned off the treadmill, and hoped it was Dear Hubby's voice since he had appointments out of the office today...maybe he came home to surprise me.

I waited to see if I heard anything else...nope.  So I called out "Hello", while clutching my phone in my hand ready to dial 911 any second.  No reply.  Now I am terribly spooked, thinking of the fact that the garage door is right near me, but the baby is two floors up and I'm not leaving without her.  I looked around for a weapon but couldn't find anything (despite the fact that the workshop with a lot of very sharp tools was steps away!)

Finally I made my way slowly up the stairs, clutching only my phone and baby monitor...maybe I could poke the intruder with the antenna...the dogs weren't barking anymore.  Great - this means one of two things: there either is no intruder and I am spooked for nothing, or the intruder loves dogs and my big dopey dogs have taken a liking to the guy who will soon bludgeon me to death.  Apparently my imagination was working overtime on this one!

The good thing is there was no intruder!  Yay!  The bad thing - there's no way on earth I am going back on that treadmill in the basement today!  Oh well...there's always tomorrow!

On another note, I decided to share a few of my absolute fave songs to run to:

Gloria - Laura Branigan...cheesy but it has a great beat
Bounce With Me - Kreesha Turner...love it!
Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stefani - makes me run harder
See You Again - Miley Cyrus - Lame I know but it's got a great running beat

Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head that get me moving and generally get me smiling.  :)

No comments: